Subject: [Leica] RE: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: Rob Schneider/Laura Tully <robslaurat@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:24:55 -0400

Pete Su wrote:

> I use a Mamiya 6. Most with Tri-X or some other relatively fast film.
>
> In good light, it handles very well hand held. In dim light, it's OK on a
> tripod, but not perfect.
>
> Handheld, these things handle as nicely as a Leica, IMHO. And, no verticals!

Pete is right.  The Mamiya 6 is a fantastic, very Leica-like medium
format camera.  Everyone should own one -- if they just weren't so
darn hard to find in superb condition.

Fortunately for the frustrated I happen to have a Mamiya 6MF w/75mm
f/3.5 lens, in immaculate condition, for sale.

;-)

Drop me a line off list.

Rob Schneider