Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 15 is up (also Paris comments)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:30:48 +0200

This week I have a really honest picture of Week 15, since the photo was
taken and processed this week (not always the case with my other photos,
although I try). We spent 4 days in Paris, two of them at Euro Disney,
major torture but the children loved it. On Wednesday afternoon I was
allowed a few hours of freedom, so I took the train to Paris and paid a
visit to La Maison du Leica on Boulevard Beaumarchais (near the Bastille
metro station). Along the way I snapped this shot of a romantically
inclined couple on an escalator in the metro, a classic Parisian image,
I think. The direct link is:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/15.jpg

or look at the index to all my PAWs at:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/pawindex.htm

Comments welcome and appreciated as always.

As an aside, a visit to La Maison du Leica is highly recommended. For
visitors from within the EU the prices are not interesting, but the
selection is great and if you are looking for some really obscure
accessory, you will likely find it there. If you live outside the EU, as
I do, then decent deals are possible given the current weakness of the
Euro and the owner's willingness to deal. But do not expect to just pop
in and out; one of the attractions of the place is that Parisian
Leicaphiles pop in for a chat with the owner and each other. They have
sharp eyes and notice unusual things such as my Rapidgrip, which was
ogled and fondled by several people, so I think Tom may get some French
orders soon... Next to La Maison du Leica are two sister shops, Le Grand
Format and Le Moyen Format, dealing in large- and medium format
equipment.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman