Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:50:54 -0400

At 09:15 PM 4/15/2001 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:
>A Rollei TLR near a M?  Come on.  My biggest complaint with the Rollei TLR
>is it is so damn awkward to use.

Thanks for your input, Austin.  However, I do use them both, and what I
posted is my assessment.  The Leica M is a slight bit swifter;  the
Rolleiflex yields a vastly larger and more usable negative.  You pays your
money and you takes your choice.  (For miniature-format work, I currently
use an M6, M3, and IIIc Leica, while, for MF, I use a Rolleiflex 2.8GX and
2.8F.)

Austin, it seems your mileage varies.  I would repeat the Ted Grant Dictum
to all reading this thread:  buy something, shoot pictures, and make your
own mind up.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!