Subject: [Leica] R series
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 06:50:09 -0700

> I am considering a purchase of a used R body...R7 vs R8. Assuming a good
> price on each, (and not considering cost) could people familiar with each
> please help me ...... pro's and con's that would influence my purchase,
and
> keep me from making an expensive mistake.

I add a  little more specific information to clarify the choice/dilemma.....

I am looking at two used R bodies.... an R7 and a second generation
(electronics ) R8....I understand that there were some problems with the
early R8 electronics, especially with static. This R8 is mint condition.....

I'd appreciate the thoughts of experienced members re: the  best choice and
the possible  electronics issue. Thanks.

Steve