Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rewind knob
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:53:56 -0400

on 4/11/01 5:15 PM, Tom Schofield at tdschofield@email.msn.com wrote:

> Leica USA Parts sent a couple out to me free last week.  I figure they see
> it as good PR and probably not worth the expense of issuing and tracking an
> invoice.

I have had free stuff from Leica UK too. It depends a lot on how you
approach them and who you get to talk to. If you get through to the guy in
the workshop and he has some stuff lying around that's not worth putting an
invoice on you're quite likely to get it free. Red dots and little itty
bits. If you go through the front desk... nada. When I lost my baseplate the
workshop guy did a huge search to see if he could find some used baseplate
to save me buying new. I really appreciated that.

Back to the post: try calling through to the workshop and see if they have
any used rewind cranks hanging around. Those places are full of disassembled
leicas so you just might get lucky. Who knows? Can't hurt to ask.

Leica UK and Metz/Hasselblad UK have both been really exemplary in repair
and spares for me. Resurrected stuff I thought I had killed completely.

With both of them, actually turning up in person can get the job done fast
and well.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com