Subject: Re: [Leica] BOOKS
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:23:32 -0400

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 4/10/01 9:58 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > Don't know what camera was used - Don't care...But anyone who cares
> > about documentary photography, or photography in general, should check
> > out Larry Towels(sp?)-Magnum shooter's - Menonites, from Phaidon - in
> > stores now, as they say....
>
> Yeah, I looked at this on Saturday. Couldn't quite stomach the CA$85 ticket
> but the photographs are wonderful. The boxed-book presentation is a bit
> precious, but hey that's marketing.
> --
> John Brownlow
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

The $85 is high, but not necessarily for what you get....and I have to
say - not that I've laid out the $85 yet ;-) - that I think the box is a
damn good idea. For what we pay for photo books, too many of them
eventually look pretty battered...A box does help keep them in decent
shape...

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> ([Leica] Streetshooting)