Subject: Re: [Leica] New 50mm Elmar
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:46:02 -0000

Hi,

I second Dan,

Beginning of the year i bought a 50 DR, and a few days later I fall on a
Noctilux which I bought. I was owning a 50 Elmar also.
I decided to sell the elmar or the DR to help finance the Noctilux.

I sold the DR without any doubts. I prefer the higher contrast of
the elmar and the warmer color rendition.
Even the test of Erwin mentions that the elmar is very very close to the
current summicron in terms of qualiy, except that you win a stop with the
summicron, of course and thus the summicron is a lot better at 2.8.

I do not see any problem with the fact that it is collasp: slow to take out
the lens, as reported by other luggers. The same "extracting time" applies
to the hood of the latest summicron.

The previous summicrons with 12585 hood is a lot bigger and heavier.

krgds,

logan.