Subject: Re: [Leica] Film for travel: reality check
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:25:39 -0500

>Still, if this guy runs a processing lab, he must know *something* about
>all this.  And I don't plan to enlarge more than a few of the best prints,
>and probably to no more than 8x10 or 11x14.  If the new Kodak Supra 400
>film is really that good, and I didn't have to worry about which film I'd
>loaded...  Hmm.  Tempting.
>
>Reality check?  Comments, anyone?  Unfortunately, taking two Leica bodies
>is not an option, and I don't have time for extensive tests.
>
>Thanks!
>--Peter Klein
>Seattle, WA

Go buy a roll.
Make some pictures.  Half the roll at rated speed, half at 1 stop over.
Have it processed same day.
Look at the pictures.
Which do you like?

Not trying to be a smart-ass but really this is the best way to decide
for yourself.
I suspect that either of the films will be fine. Supra is different from
Gold.

I'd be inclined to take only one film and just deal with the speed issue
as it comes up. Otherwise you'll be fiddling with your camera a lot and
missing part of your trip.

Henry