Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 12:26:11 -0400

on 4/8/01 11:40 AM, Simon Stevens at simon@camera-craftsman.com wrote:

> I posted the tests with some close up scans which I think show the grain
> and sharpness I'm getting. Perhaps some of you who have more experience
> with Neopan than me could take a look and let me know if I am getting
> the results I should?  Who knows, maybe I can squeeze a little more out
> of this wonderful film.
>
> http://www.camera-craftsman.com/neopan.html

Looks like neopan to me!! very distinctive look with those punchy blacks and
silvery grays. Lovely. The only modification I can suggest is trying it in
Xtol 1:3 which will give you a mite more speed and highlight control, and
exagerrate the sharpness somewhat. At the risk of a slight grain increase.
Shooting in contrasty situations like this it can help.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (RE: [Leica] Neopan 1600)