Subject: Re: [Leica] hassy question
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 22:34:37 -0700

Bernard Cousineau wrote:

> Jeff S wrote:
> > For what they cost, the CF and CFi lenses really ought to have markings
> > that don't rub off
>
> A small note:
> Zeiss (maker of Hasselblad lenses) claims that this was a problem with
> the earlier CF lenses (1980's) and has been fixed in the current CFi and
> CFe lenses. See
> http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=001G6L
> for details.
>
> Bernard

I have Both my CF Hassy lenses from the very first month they came out a pre FLE
50 and an 80.
First on my Block!
Both have had no problems, numbers have had no wear.
Coincidently when my money came though in the early 80's for these lenes the
CF's first came out.
Took me over a year to get lens shades for them and then some basic filters.
They really were an advancement over the previous C lenses despite their
appearance and lack of mechanical DOF preview.

Mark Rabiner
to be continued....

Portland, Oregon
USA