Subject: [Leica] Re: using Photoshop to simulate soft focus
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:45:38 +0100

Can any of our Photoshop gurus explain the best way of using Photoshop
to simulate the effects of a traditional soft-focus filter or the
legendary 'stocking over the lens' trick? I've got some portraits
taken with a brutally-sharp Canon lens which are exposing every defect
in the sitter's complexion. I've tried different settings of Gaussian
blur, but the degree needed to tone down skin defects produces a
rather artificial-looking end result.

Regards,

Doug Richardson