Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 /1.4 ASPH
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:44:37 -0400

The first version aspherical  has a knurled focusing ring in addition to
the focus tab, while the ASPH version only has the focus tab. I also
believe that you can tell by the serial number, with the first version
starting at or about  #3460000.  Of course, the first version actually
spelles out "aspherical" on the lens, while the ASPH spells "ASPH".

dan c.