Subject: Re: [Leica] Pinhole photos thru body cap?
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 22:54:55 +0100

> Somebody sells them for around 30 bucks. I think you get one through
Calumet.
> But you might have more fun making it yourself.
> I recall they used a "LASER" beam to make the hole in the brass
insert in this one!
> You can't beat that!
> Unless you've got a very small paper punch!
> Or a hammer and a sharp spike!

It's certainly more fun making them yourself and you cant beat the
accuracy of a laser cut hole tho with some trial and error you can get
near enough to it that it makes no diference.  The claimed
disadvantage of a laser cut hole against a home made one is the
finished thickness of the walls of the hole, the process of making one
yourself usually results in a hole with sides thinner than the shim
you started with (which is ideally what you want), the laser cut hole
is more of a barrel with sides the same thickness as the brass shim
its cut in.  I havent used a laser cut hole, but with the help of a
projector or enlarger its possible to get pretty accurate holes using
only a pin and v fine emery cloth.

And this is even on topic!!!!

JBH

Message from "Jim" <jimlong@inwave.com> ([Leica] Pinhole photos thru body cap?)