Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting theatre with an M6?
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:04:53 +0200

Tristan Tom wrote:

> I've been asked by a local community theatre to shoot some stills for
> them. I'm pretty confident that i can do this with my m6 (rather than
> an slr) but I'm not sure what i'll need in terms of lenses. i think i
> can get pretty close to the stage and actors, so would a 50 but
> enough, or do you think i will need a 75 or 90?
>
> they want production stills primarily to use on lobby cards, and then
> they also want some photojournalist type docu shot of
> behind-the-scenes, which is what I'm looking forward to doing with my
> 35...

Tristan,

A M6 with 35/1,4 APH, 50/1,4 and APO 90/2 will do it

One can dream of an......Apo-Summicron 180/2 on the R8

with a plate (P-30) from Wimberley attached to it.
<http://www.tripodhead.com>

plus a Sidekick.
<http://www.tripodhead.com/sidekick.html>

an ArcaSwiss style quick release clamp (Wimberley, Really
Right Stuff etc...)
<http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/>

a Manfrotto MONOPOD TILT TOP 234. <http://www.manfrotto.com/products/metric/botfot3.html?menu=botfot2.html&menu1=botfot2.html&sectionid=2&subsectionid=3&categoryid=9&subcategoryid=42&man_code=234&company=MNO&doc_from=gerarchia&contatore=primo>

and a monopod.

Why not a Gitzo.
<http://www.gitzo.com/products/metric/monopods/rightscreen.php3>

;-)