Subject: [Leica] Cameraworld again!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:44:52 -0700

I've been dealing with CameraWorld over the counter on my Leica and my other
camera stuff for a few years now. I hate waiting, hate suspense. Love dealing
over the counter.
I just found out CameraWorld now is too separate businesses. I don't think they
want you to know this.
I waited a week for my expected Summicron Asph 28 and now it's been a month.
Got the sneaking suspicion they were not being straight with me!!!
Last night i started thinking what i really needed was the 120 Makro planar for
my Hasselblad.
My 150 is a C lens and has a deep scratch on corner the rear element which
shakes my confidence in it even though it seems to work perfectly.
The 120 is the cornerstone on the Zeiss Hasselblad arsenal I think and i think
many others think.
The new CFI lenses really appeal to me, especially the ease of focusing.
The idea of using a Hasselblad tele lens quickly in the field boggles me.
So does three grand but at this point a Month later i just had to cough up the
difference; and that turned out to be doable.

120 Makro-Planar f4 T* CFI:

B&H	$2943
Adorama	$2943
Tamarkin	$2943
Helix	$2943
Ghitman	$2943
Keeble & Shuchat	no info
CameraWorld	$2677

Looks like CameraWorld is keeping my business after all!
And before i finish typing this post my wife walks in with the lens having
picked it up on the way back from work at CameraWorld.
Does not focus as easily as i thought it would.
It's more like the rubber grippers make it so you can just get a better grip on it.
But it may be loosening up. The Hood arrives from B&H at the beginning of next week.
Meanwhile I've got the hood from the 80 on it now it looks OK.
Looks like I'm back to using more medium format!
Bumble bee's watch out!
I'm sure this will make a perfect optic for full length shots on the seamless
white backdrop.
As well as most other such stuff…
	Especially stuff which requires a Polaroid, or a squre neg...

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/