Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: film scanners
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:59:08 -0700

Brian Reid wrote:

> Ah, yes. The SCSI morass.
> This is a Leica topic because of high-speed film scanners.
> The best place to read about SCSI is the SCSI Trade Association web
> site; see the excellent table at
>
>     http://www.scsita.org/aboutscsi/index01.html
>
> (If you're a computer weenie, like me, and you want the raw
>  full-throttle truth, you want to read the T10 Technical
>  Committee web site at http://www.t10.org/ )
>
> Basically, SCSI has three things:

<snip, much better said than I>

The STA has really improved the site since I last looked at it. Recommended
if you are confused about SCSI interoperability.

Only subscribe to the T10 mail list if you interested in bleeding edge
Ultra 640 and more.

SCSI isn't a morass, you only have to know where the soft spots are ;-)

Dennis