Subject: Re: [Leica] Scala
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:24:11 -0700

I tried it. But the only stock I could get a hold of was 3M 8.5x11. As I
usually like to do 16x20 negs for My Van Dykes it crimped my form. And
as we all know, form must always outrun content, hence the consumer
value. I found that the outputting had to be done in color for the added
density. Results were pathetic by photography standards and fantastic by
university art school standards. More often than not, to cross over into
the area of fine art with an understandable visual syntax, I have to
dumb down the techne radically. Gotta remember what we have to deal with
around here, we've got Otis, CalArts, UCLA, Irvine, and that great
school of decorative photography--Art Center.

  Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Scala)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Scala)