Subject: Re: [Leica] .......OT.....Lobsters & white wine! ;-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:36:07 -0700

Joseph wrote:

> [...]

Hey Joseph,
If you time it right and are serving lobster I think I can figure out a
flight to get there for the next HK LUG dinner! ;-)

I mean lobster is one of my all time great passion foods. Well I don't mean
my "passions as such" what you guys might have imagined, ;-) but I do love
lobster with great passion!  There, see what I meant. :-)

I spent a week shooting lobster fishing off the east coast of Canada a few
years back and it was wonderful. The first day the fishermen kept a few
lobsters out of the traps for lunch, which they boiled up and we had them
sitting there on the deck, talk about fresh! wow!

So I made a joking comment about "too bad we didn't have lots of hot melted
butter and white wine!"  Honestly I was joking. I mean what is eating
lobster without it dripping with hot butter followed with a glass of  fine
dry white wine.:-)

Anyway the next day we're out pulling traps, well Ok, they were pulling the
traps and I was pulling on the Leicas. And when it came time for lunch it
was to my surprise a whole new day.... man they had a big pot of melted
butter, must have been a pound and a couple bottles of fine white wine,
chilled of course! ;-)

Which we drank out of porcelain mugs! Hey what do you think we were going to
do, drink out of fine crystal goblets? :-) This is the middle of the
Atlantic on a rolling sea.

Now that was a lunch fit for a king! I'm not sure how many we ate, but let's
say I must have had my quota for a few days of food in one feeding. :-)

Now you did see that I mentioned the rolling sea, right?  Well without going
into details about the second time around or anything like that, but it was
the shortest lobster intake I've ever experienced. ;-)

I bet you could've done without that small detail, right? Sorry, but a Leica
photographer gives all the technical details when it comes to shooting with
a Leica. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] .......OT.....Lobsters & white wine! ;-))