Subject: [Leica] OT: RE: Two more
From: Matej Novak <matej.novak@hermes.si>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:19:44 +0200

> I understand Polish has more cases even than Russian. Perhaps our very own

> St. Stan can weigh in on this one.

This is just a small contribution to the wealth of knowledge that is
available on the LUG.

Slovenian language has three differentiations by persons: Singular, Plural,
and Dual (two persons). There are only two other languages in the world that
have Dual as well.

We like to joke that only in Slovenian the two lovers can be on their own
(since most of the other languages use Plural instead of Dual).

It also has three genders; Masculine, Feminine, and Neuter.

So just imagine in how many ways you can say who is doing what, and what
troubles the people learning Slovenian language have. Although I must agree
with Stanislaw: 6 year childs speak perfect Slovenian ;-)).

Lep pozdrav,
Matej

P.S. Sorry, I'm a little bit behind with my LUG digests, but I hope you
will find it interesting as well.