Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leica] Week 13: SCALA! [Bérubé]
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:11:08 +0100

Michael E. Bérubé wrote:

snip:

> It is comparatively costly here in the states (about $20/roll purchased
and
> processed) and Simon Lamb tells me that it is in the UK as well. It is
also
> a pain to get processed like Kodachrome only a few labs can do it, but
> seeing these results I am afraid that it will become a habit for me. :)

Michael

I am certain someone on this list mentioned that they had successfully
processed Scala in their own darkroom.  Perhaps they could re-post or you
may find it in the archives.  It is expensive in the UK also, probably
equivalent to 20-25 USD.  It makes for great projected images, prints very
well (sometimes can get a greenish or pinkish hue in enlargements) and scans
beautifully.

Now that I am using the Conetech Piezography BW printing system I can scan
and get superb A3+ size enlargements printed at home, without the colour
cast that the labs sometimes get.  Try printing with the BW inkset (if you
have it) on Epson Heavyweight Matte - it does real justice to the quality of
a Scala slide.

Simon

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> ([Leica] SCALA! [Bérubé])
Message from "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com> ([Leica] Week 13: SCALA! [Bérubé])