Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson etc.
From: "r g" <photos@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 19:51:29 -0400

> On 4/1/01 3:53 PM, "Douglas Cooper" expressed the following:
>
> If I were to get a dedicated 35mm film scanner on top of this, is there
> anything really good at the $400 or so price point?  I know that Ed
Hamrick
> used to recommend the Minolta Dimage; is that still the best in this
range?
> And is it really worth holding out for a used LS2000, for the ICE feature?
> (I take it they'll come down in price with the release of the new model.)
>
> cheers,
>

> Douglas Cooper
> http://www.dysmedia.com
>
> NO ARCHIVE

The LS-30 and the LS-2000 are extremely similar. You can get a refurbished
LS-30 with warranty for about $550 (I got mine from
www.publishingperfection.com and I see they still have that price). Nikon's
definition of refurbish is to totally replace a broken part not just service
it. It has ICE. The $40 'Vue-scan' software renders the multi-scan option of
the LS-2000 as a non-tiebreaker in comparison the the LS-30. Considering
some people are trying to sell the inferior LS-1000 second hand for $700 the
LS-30 is the best bang for the buck you will find.

rg