Subject: RE: [Leica] Epson Flatbed
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:28:28 -0600

There is the new Canon Flatebed/Tranny 2800dpi (I think, or maybe 2600..)
coming out soon at around $400-500 I think (+ Canons new 4000 dpi 35mm slide
scanner at about $100 or so more than that) - if it compares to my current
Canoscan FS2710 - which would be a good deal at twice the price - it'll be a
nice little scanner

BTW, I use the Epson 1640. I recently scanned a 4x5 b&w neg. When I printed
it on 13x19 paper I could quite clearly see in the persons eyeball, my
reflection, as well as the camera on the tripod, + the lines of the window
frame behind me - that's sharp enough for me! Until i get into 3' x 5'
prints!! (maybe I'll try printing the eye on 81/2 x 11...)

Tim A

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] Epson Flatbed)