Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: New Digital Scanner Option
From: brougham3@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 13:50:45 -0500

"Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com> wrote:

>Dan (who was planning on an LS 4000, but getting turned off by all the
>hassles folks seem to be having scanning negatives on nikons)

I was going to go for an LS 4000, too, but its using USB instead of SCSI is
a major drawback.  My workhorse runs NT, which doesn't support USB.  Ain't
no way I'm changing my main OS.  So I'd have to buy another computer and
dedicate it pretty much for scanning.  Or, go with an LS-2000 that somebody
is trying to get rid of, or go with the Polaroid SS4000.  I'm leaning toward
the latter now.

Message from "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com> (RE: [Leica] OT: New Digital Scanner Option)