Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever
From: "Sonny Carter" <cartersn@alpha.nsula.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 15:41:22 -0600

Denis, I assure you, I wasn't trying to feel superior; neither was I making
facetious comments when I spoke of the mark on your camera  freeing you from
having to worry about it so much.

I don't beat up my ten year old M6, but you can see the wear in the areas
where my bare hands have held it as I've shot pictures with this fine tool.

My father was a mechanic all his life, and one of my favorite tools of his
is a wrench. The handle is worn smooth from use in his hands.

No one is critical if you want to keep your camera nice.  I  for one have
replaced the rewind knob twice already in ten years, because it likes to get
dinged, and I don't like the look of dinged cameras.  Oh yeah, my third one
already has that little mark.

Cheers,

SonC