Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica M4 - 2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:58:07 -0500

> Steve LeHuray wrote:
>
>> I have had my M2's upgraded with the lens release guard.
>
> Hi ... Since I just purchased an M2, I'm most interested in this
> item.  Can you tell me a little more about it - how it fits, what it
> looks like, and, most of all, where it may be purchased?  Thanks!

Shel,

It is a good idea to have this done because it is amazingly easy to
accidently release your lens. I found the best reason for having an M2 with
the self-timer is that it is a reminder for my finger that is as far as it
it allowed to go.

I am afraid that i will not be able to answer your question as to where-and-
how because Sherry has done it on my three M2's. What it is, is a small
cylinder installed around the lens release. The M3 and M6 have them, so
probably you would be asking for an M6 part (M3 parts may not be available,
although it is the same part). It is not a big deal or expensive to have
done. I would think you could get the part from Leica or any well stocked
dealer like Tamarkin or Wall Street Camera. Leica may even have a tech sheet
on how to do it, I would call their parts dept. and ask.

sl