Subject: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever
From: "Denis Boisclair" <denis@boisclair.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 15:06:40 +0100

Tristan -

My question was "Is this something which other members have experienced -
and if not - I wonder why not!!!"

Thanks for your being the only member to reply to the question - the others
were too busy making facetious comments - never mind, I expect it helped to
satisfy their need to feel  superior(:>) !

If , as it seems, this particular 'sign of use' is impossible to avoid, I
wonder how any M6 can be described as 'mint'. The reason why I am so
interested is that I wish to sell the camera - a time when war scars are
*not* an asset!

Denis
(Northwich,England)

<From:    Tristan Tom <Tristan@TristanTom.COM> To:
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> Sent:     28 <March 2001 23:21 Subject:
[Leica] re-mark on rewind lever
<i noticed this too but don't worry about it. it just means that you
actually use your leica. you're not a real <leicatographer unless your leica
exhibits some war scars.
<as for me, my rewind lever was marked up like that during the first week i
had it because i tend to try to rewind >and reload quickly in the heat of
the moment...