Subject: Re: One more CLA question (Re: [Leica] What price for a CLA?)
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:12:14 -0800

"Juan J. Buhler" wrote:

> So, and I hope this is not heresy around here: Has anyone used KEH's
> repair service? They quote $150 for what my M3 needs (fix a stuck
> shutter, mostly), and, despite their crazy prices on Leica stuff, I've
> had excellent experiences with them when buying Pentax gear.

I wouldn't do it, only because they're an unknown quantity and
people like Sherry and DAG have proven themselves to be skilled and
reputable when it comes to Leica repair and rejuvenation.  Also,
neither you nor KEH know what else may need to be repaired or
adjusted on the camera, and how much more it may cost at KEH, or if
they're skilled enough to do the job properly.

- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net