Subject: [Leica] dr blacktape vindicated! -- thus sayith the leicababe.
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:52:34 -0500 (EST)

  describing the behavior of photo-journalists at lunch in paris:

" step one: shove camera bag under table. Step two: extract Leica and
place on top of table next to bread plate."

  on traveling to sri lanka for gamma:

"I also took a small piece of black gaffer's tape and covered the word
'Leica' on my camera, which is etched in white letters above and to the
left of the lens. That way it would be less likely to be stolen or peg me
- -- like the press pass I'd deliberately left back in Paris -- as a
journalist. I'd seen other photographers do the same thing with their
cameras, but I'd always thought of it as a pretentious affectation until
now."

  don't take this as an endorsement of the book though. it, sadly, really
does mostly suck. it left me wanting to yell at her.

  kc