Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:55:06 -0800

>find that there is a tiny bright mark in the form of a line across the lift
>up rewind lever.
>[snip]
>Is this something which other members have experienced - and if not - I
>wonder why not!!!  Unfortunately, small as it is, this blemish must
>prejudice the camera's
>'mint' status...<<<<<<<<
>
>Hi Denis,
>
>I suppose one should ask, did you buy the camera to take pictures or to put
>on the shelf in it's "never ready case" as an investment?  If the former
>then don't sweat it as it's just a damn picture taking machine so loaded it
>with film, throw yourself out of the house and have a wonderful time making
>exposures with one of the world's truly great cameras. :-) And prepare
>yourself for many more scratches, dings and trivial bumps and bangs over the
>ensuing years..
>
>The answer to your dilemma is yourself and your requirements for the future.
>And as I mentioned earlier, it's just a camera and not some kind of gold
>plated idol.
>
>Over to you lad.
>ted

Right you are Ted! The gold plated idol was called the Luxus, if I'm not
mistaken. And if you can't find one of those, there's always that brassed
out work of modern art just a-sittin' there on eBay...

Guy

Message from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] M6 - mark on rewind lever)