Subject: RE: [Leica] Help Needed for Leica IIIf purchase!!!
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:42:31 +0100

ioannis mylonakos wrote:

[snip]
"The camera looked realy clean and after a word I had with
the dealer has been on the self directly from its original owner. The dealer

showed me also the original receipt of purchase which dated back in 1950s,
somewhere in Germany. I checked the camera and the condition of it seems
really good. It is a Black Dial Model and comes along with a Summitar 50mm,
f2 (I hope to describe it correctly)lense, which is in the same condition
with the camera. The price the dealer asks for the set (body and lense)is
795 British Pounds ($1,150)."
[snip]

That's a pretty stiff price, even allowing for higher prices here in the UK
and the value - to a collector, but not necessarily to you as a user - of
the original documentation.

If what you want is a IIIf to *use* - rather than fondle - then you can get
a much better price. For example

http://secure.ffordes.com/shop/Store/StockList.asp?Type=secd&Sub=1&code=LC&s
ubcode=SB

lists four of the - arguably more desireable - Red Dial IIIf cameras with
lenses in stock for *substantially* less money. I've no connection with
ffordes, other than as a satisfied customer.

David
dmorton@journalist.co.uk