Archived posting to the Leica Users Group, 2001/03/28

[Author Prev] [Author Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Author Index] [Topic Index] [Home] [Search]

Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use"
From: Johnny Deadman <>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:18:56 -0500

on 3/28/01 12:34 PM, Guy Bennett at wrote:

>>> Isn't "giclée" merely the French for "ink jet"?
>> no, not really. It means 'spurted' or 'sputtered' and has the very strong
>> slang connotation of the male orgasm...
> I know what the word means, I didn't know if that's the term that was being
> used in French for "ink jet." My wife, who is French, tells me it's simply
> "jet d'encre," and seemed quite surprised that someone would use "giclée"
> to describe an ink jet print.

that's what I was saying, it's NOT the french term for inkjet. The slang
connotations would make it ridiculous.
- -- 
John Brownlow