Subject: [Leica] "gold" Leica
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:53:27 -0800 (PST)

Reminds me of my very first Leica - an M3 that I
bought in 1978 for CDN$200, complete with 50/2.8
Elmar.

It was "heavily brassed", so I took it apart and made
it all brass. Took about two weeks of on-and-of
polishing with wet/dry sandpaper. I then lacquered it
and re-assembled it. Quite striking, I thought.

So did the guy who sold it to me. He saw it and
offered me my $200 back on the spot (minus the lens).
My first Leica profit. Judging by the current bids on
"that" auction site, I'd say I should have kept it.

Let's see, CDN$200, at 10%, over 23 years...

Steve Patriquen
London