Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Street Technique
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:54:07 -0500

on 3/26/01 9:17 AM, Gwpics@aol.com at Gwpics@aol.com wrote:

> << It's the difference between laying
> traps and pursuing with a weapon, I suppose. >>
>
> Whilst I appreciate that you didn't mean this quite literally, the approach
> has to be much more subtle. But you must also realise that 9 out of 10 times
> they assume you are photographing someone (or thing) else and will move out
> of your way if they spot you.

of course this is a technique in itself... staring PAST the subject as if
deeply interested in something beyond them. They peer round to see whatever
it is you're looking at (nothing, of course), can't figure it out, and go
back to what they were doing. Also useful if someone spots you as you are
taking the picture... remove camera and stare feelingly at lamppost just
behind them. Like I say tho I feel less comfortable with these kinds of
things than I used to.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com