Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rolleimeter
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:48:07 -0500

on 3/25/01 6:57 PM, Bill Lawlor at wvl@infinex.com wrote:

> Also
> available is the Rolleigrip handle with trigger operated cable release. I've
> actually walked around in public with this combo and people justifiable
> wonder if I am from the planet Mongo. (They do that sometimes when I have no
> camera in hand.)

Yes I think that a grip and cable release really transforms the Rolly into
something ergonomically first class. Add a Viv 283 strobe or something
similar and you have a wonderful, compact (and complete!) outfit. No farting
around wondering which lens to use/you should have used.

As you say it looks like something out of a late 1940s sci fi film when you
do this. However this is no bad thing in my book.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com