Subject: [Leica] Neopan 1600 and Rodinal
From: pjs <pjs@worldpath.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:19:19 -0500

	Xtol really seems to work its greatest wonders with the non-tabular
emulsions such as Tri-X and Neopan 1600. I rate Neopan at 1200, develop
in Xtol 1:1, and make 11X14 prints with little apparent grain (better
than Tri-X in D76.) I'm presently testing DD-X against Xtol with Delta
3200.
	I love the "look" of Rodinal, which I can't define, but has something
to do with a marvelous separation in the mid range tones. Again, I shoot
Neopan at a lower rating (1000) for development in Rodinal, when grain
is less of an issue.
	I recommend _The Film and Darkroom Cookbook_ from Focal Point Press.
You really need to develop (no pun intended) your own times, because of
so many variables in water, agitation, enlarger light source, and so on.
A day of testing is worth a month of research.