Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:45:01 -0800

>Following fast moving objects with a TLR using the WLF is surely an act of
>masochism ;-)

I am surprised at how good I've gotten at this.

I practice WLF primarily while shooting my 2.5yr son's horseplay, so I
imagine tracking cars driving around and around in circles is a piece
of cake compared to this.

I was recently at Chicago Midway airport for the first time and I took
a shot of a 727 rotating and lifting off the tarmac. Even though I'm
pretty sure I was at 1/250sec, there is motion blur in the background
as I panned to freeze the airplane in the frame. If there is lots of
interest I suppose I could scan this one up. Rollei 2.8F, Tri-X in Xtol
and exposed with the sunny f16 rule.

Byron.

Replies: Reply from "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Re: Leica Quality versus Medium Format)