Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: "A. H. Ongun" <ahongun@ecsysinc.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:41:36 -0800

Not that can of worms again!!!

If you want to look at  this debate on the
"rec.photo.equipment.medium-format" news group do a search for Leica at
Google's web site (old dejanews).

As far as quality of lenses are concerned you are comparing decades old
Leica with a decades old Rolleiflex. So who knows?

As far as current crop of lenses are concerned, I'd venture to say that
Zeiss or Schneider glass is at least as good as the Leica glass (but also
more expensive) and then you throw in the much larger film size, well...

One other thing to consider is what will you use the Rollei for vs what you
do use the Leica for.

You will have to be more deliberate with the Rollei, especially with the
reversed viewfinder.

If the price is reasonable, I'd get it and give it a try.  Nothing ventured,
nothing gained.  If you don't like it, there is always ebay.

Additionally, I wouldn't look at it as one versus the other.  I'd look at it
as one for purpose A and the other for purpose B and both for fun and
enjoyment.

Andy