Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo-Elmarit-R 180/2.8 - Tripod Ring/Mount (and Burzyanski)
From: "David Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:13:19 -0500

Kirk Enterprises *used* to make tripod mounting rings for assorted lenses.
I had actually gotten as far as inquiring if they had one that would fit the
180/2.8.  While they didn't have a ring specifically designed for this lens,
they told me that if I sent them the lens they'd see if they had something
close enough that might be reworked to fit. I decided not to pursue this.  I
haven't seen the rings listed on their site for a few years now.

HOWEVER:   Here's the interesting part.  This is a message fragment from the
Nikon list from yesterday:

... maligned Nikon tripod collar we have a good solution in Germany, itīs a
small company (one man show), Mr. Burzynski, who lives near Berlin. He makes
excellent tripod collars for newer Nikon lenses and other brands. I have one
for the 80-200 AF-S and it works perfectly.

Now Mr. Burzynski's unique tripod ball head has recently received a gushing
endorsement from Bjorn Rorslett on his
http://www.foto.no/nikon/burzynski.html page. A most intriguing device.

It appears that Mr. B produces all sorts of weird and wonderful accessories.
Unfortunately, he has no web site and no email address.  This is what I
know: Rainer Burzynski, Dorfstrasse 44A, D-17291 Lindenhagen,
Germany; phone: +49-39856-3061, fax: +49-39856-3062

If there are any German-speakers who would care to take up the challenge of
contacting Mr. B and passing along the information about what exactly it is
that he manufactures and where it can be obtained (other than
www.isar-foto.de)  I'm sure there are many of us who would be most
appreciative.

Dave F.