Subject: [Leica] On using flash with leica M
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:38:11 +0800

>Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:27:46 -0500 (EST)
>Chong Eric <ericssan@singapore.com> wrote
>I'm therefore left with two options:
>1. Buy a hammerhead style flash and a PC cord... but this is bulky and goes
>against the style of leica M's unobstructiveness.
>2. Get a short PC cord with a hotshoe & get a small flash (eg. Olympus OM
>flash, Konica Hexar flash, Leica CF flash or Leica SF20 flash).
Eric,
I use three flashes, the Olympus OM (which is the same as the Hexar and the
CF flash - all made by Panasonic) favoured for its compactness, a Metz 32
CT3 when more light is required, and an SF20 (for TTL on my M6TTL). Of the
three I prefer the Olympus OM for its size if I am using a camera without
TTL. It uses readily available and inexpensive AA batteries and is very
cheap if you can find it.
Cheers
Howard.

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] On using flash with leica M)