Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] Rapidwinder
From: "austin@darkroom.com" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:07:58 -0500

> Again, a minority of users.  I was speaking about the majority.  I'm not
> deprecating the device, I'm merely pointing out that, for most serious
> users, it doesn't seem terribly helpful.

>>But my point it, what's the point of dropping $400 on a
>>device that adds bulk and weight to your M but is only
>> useful for one kind of shot?

What the heck are you guys talking about?  For me, it makes using the M6 effortless!  I can keep the camera to my eye and wind...without moving the camera much.  It's fast, it's smooth and saying it "adds weight" is like saying leave the cat at home" when you have a Suburban...

Don't knock it until you REALLY try it.  It does take some getting used to.

http://www.mail2web.com/ .