Subject: [Leica] Re: 50/1 Noctilux
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:02:08 -0400

The first and second versions of the lens are identical optically. The
first version used a removable hood and the second a built in sliding hood.
I own the second version. IMHO the sliding hood offers very little
protection from bumping. If you buy a first version be aware that the hood
is rather hard to find and expensive.

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>