Subject: [Leica] Some PAW Favorites
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:17:22 -0800

Lugophyles,

I don't always have the time to visit the links put up weekly by the PAW
shooters, so my comments on the LUG have been few. I have been visiting the
sites in my spare moments, however, and I've been impressed with a lot of
the work (not to mention the discipline of shooting, processing and putting
up 1 shot a week). I thought I would comment on a few of the shots that
have captured my eye.

The list below represents just a tiny sample of the body of PAW work. My
apologies for such a partial listing, and for the brevity of the comments.

Guy

P.S. Looking at all of this work has really made me want to work on new
(for me) areas, particularly portraits and color.

Lee Bachus
"Birdwatchers" - the unusual point of view makes for a surprising, almost
abstract shot.

"Parade" - strong composition, with the subject filling the frame. The
color enhances the festive feel of the subject matter.

Kyle Cassidy
"Beside the blinded..." - a fine portrait, IMO. The lighting and the
headress the woman is wearing make the shot, for me.
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/8/index.html

"On the Road to Bulgaria" - a nicely composed, mysterious shot, with the
pig in the foreground.
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/11/index.html

Giuseppe Del Duca (any know how to reach Giuseppe?)
"Green Ball" - a great shot, IMO. Enigmatic, beautifully composed, nice use
of color.
http://www.yourworks.it/foto/gdd/week/week1.html
"Donna" - I like this one for the play of shadow and light. A strong,
graphic shot.
http://www.yourworks.it/foto/gdd/week/week7.html
"Carnevale" - Catches my eye with its color and movement.
http://www.yourworks.it/foto/gdd/week/week8.html

Nathan Wajsman
Week 7 - very atmospheric. The solitary figure adds to the mood of this image.
http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/7.jpg

Week 8 - the Vespa handlebars. Strong, graphic composition + unexpected
self portrait.
http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/8.jpg

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Some PAW Favorites)