Subject: RE: [Leica] Added photographs to web site
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:59:03 -0500

>From: "george day"

>Again, especially when you're shooting b/w in the middle of the day or
with
>a bright sky, consider using a yellow, orange or even red filter to
punch up
>contrast.

Even though I tend to print in a "punchy" way I like these ones pretty
much the way they are except that perhaps the scans could use a little
tweaking to intensify the black. Still, I think Steve has handled the
bright Mediterranean Sun admirably and to my eyes, these look like they
have a wonderful tonal range. Great work, Steve!

Has anyone else noticed that almost nobody (including me, usually) seems
to print with softer contrast anymore? Just take a look at a print from
the forties to see what I mean. Is this just a change in fashion? Maybe
some of the more experienced Luggers can comment.

Simon Stevens