Subject: [Leica] Re: 12mm Heliar UW
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:49:17 -0800

Just wondering about filters in the back...

They cause some focus shift, right? Which if you are shooting in a reflex
or view camera is no problem, just refocus with the filter in place. But
with a rangefinder I have to wonder if this is going to be a factor.

Furthermore, isn't the depth of focus narrower with wide-angle than with
tele lenses (the opposite of DOF)?

Without any hard evidence to support this, I would also share some of
Tom's concern about putting a filter behind a super wide angle lens on
a rangefinder camera.

Byron.

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Re: 12mm Heliar UW)
Reply from "jbflesher" <jbflesher@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: 12mm Heliar UW)