Subject: Re: [Leica] 12mm Heliar UW
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:46:59 -0800

At 10:04 PM -0700 3/19/01, John Collier wrote:
>It sounds like a great idea to me and, as with most great ideas, it has been
>mentioned before. Just remember to remove the filter when shooting with more
>pedestrian films. I have also heard of IF nuts taping the filter right to
>the inside of the film gate (opposite side of the film naturally).
>
>John Collier
>
>>  From: "Mike Nicholls" <mikenic@cyberone.com.au>
>>
>  > Is it viable or not?

Fastening the filter to the film gate is quite viable, but I put it
between the film rails between the gate and the film. If it ever
comes adrift, it would then possibly scratch some of the film, but I
find that more palatable than buggering up the shutter if it's
opposite the film, between the shutter and the gate.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com