Subject: Re: [Leica] old vs. new quality and viewfinder images
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:41:07 +0100

> Fresh from the factory, all the gears etc. are still hard edged,
> producing some high frequency overtones and feeling a bit rough at
> times. After 500 rolls they are just getting ready for their main
> role in life.

Does Leica has still a brass machinery inside?
I have similar experiences with Zorki I inevitably lost a year ago;
it was my good friend with little Industar 22, a Elmar 3.5 miror.
When I received it, at age 18, it was still pretty harsh, as was
in unopened box from factory. In next seven years, and after countless
rolls of film, it smoothed considerably; become my main camera.
Shutter release, once harsh and hard to "feel", become soft and
pleasant, wind knob loosened up....

The same effect you can see with good headphones. You have to
plug them into amplifier and let them play at high volume for
40-60 hours. Then you will hear them playing really pleasant,
after membrane loosened up and so..

Every machine needs to adjust itself to its human operator
and this takes time. But effects are wonderful! :-)

- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)

Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] old vs. new quality and viewfinder images)