Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 90mm Elmarit-M, Quality Concerns
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:23:00 -0700

I get the impression that you do not know the history of the lens. Perhaps
you picked it up used? I was talking to Gerry, the Canadian Leica Repair
God, as he was checking my stuff at a clinic a few years ago. I asked him
what he was checking my lens focus mounts for? He said that some
photographers can wear out a lens mount in as little as two years!!?? While
I expressed my amazement, he muttered darkly about idiots and Philistines.

John Collier

Who has a used 90/2.8 Elmarit-M that works just fine thank you.