Subject: [Leica] personal attacks
From: reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:50:52 -0800

I am getting very tired of the personal attacks on the Leica Users
list. Statements about the scruples or ethics of other people on the
list do not bring value to the subscribers of the list, do not reflect
well on the scruples or ethics of the accuser, and set a negative tone
that lures other people into doing the same thing.

If you think that camera A is better than camera B, and you have some
facts that we haven't already seen, then tell us. If some other person
says the exact opposite, and you have a disagreement that is not a
rehash of what you've already said, then say it. But it is out of line
to attack the other person, even if you are personally convinced that
he is a bad person. Sometimes bad people are good photographers.
Sometimes I can learn from bad people.

I think we're all adults here. We all know how to form opinions as to
the credibility of others, and we neither want nor need your guidance
at forming those opinions. Show us your pictures. Tell us facts that
you know. Tell us things that you have seen or done. Don't waste our
time. There are 1187 people in the Leica Users Group, and the vast
majority of them have the good sense to keep quiet except when they are
certain that their words bring value.

Brian Reid