Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 11 (Nathan)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:40:24 +0100

Michael,

Indeed the shot was made with the oldest lens I have, a 50mm Summilux of
60s or 70s vintage. I recently bought it on the evil auction site; it is
an old lens but I must say that the tripod test slides were very sharp.
The "glow" in this picture is probably a result of shooting at 1/30 or
1/60 sec. at full aperture after having consumed some of the wine myself,
and of the combination of Agfa Scala and my scanner.

Thanks for your comments!

Nathan

"Michael E. Bérubé" wrote:

> At 08:10 AM 3/19/01 -0500, Nathan wrote:
> > > http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/pawindex.htm
> > >
> > > and as usual, comments of all kind are welcome and appreciated.
>
> Now that is Glow! This almost looks like you shot with soft focus lens
> which fits perfectly with the warm subject to suggest a philosophical
> conversation is taking place among friends even without your attached
> explanation.
> (Was this shot with an old Leica Lens or some other arrangement?)
>
> Carpe Luminem,
> Michael E. Bérubé

- --
Nathan Wajsman