Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa L and 20mm Russar
From: Jacques Leonard <j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 22:19:25 -0400

>Seeing the message about new Bessa L's going for $129 from B&H, it occurred
>to me to think of my old 20/5.6 Russar -- a great little lens, once I found
>one that actually worked, but it has rear elements that protrude quite deep
>into the body.  Has anyone on the list tried one of these on the Bessa L?
>I'm wondering (a) if the rear end clears the shutter, and (b) if it meters
>correctly.
>
>-P.

Patrick,

This is a great idea. I hope someone can tell us if it could work. I do
have a 20mm Russar and mine is also a very fine example of this lens. I
would realy like to put it permanently on a body so I could stick with my
35, 50 and 90 on my Leica.

Maybe Stephen Gandy could help us?

Or meanwhile, maybe we can find something about that in his great website.

Go see:    http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtbl.htm

for more on the Bessa L.

Regards,

Jacques Leonard